This is just a quick update to share with you what we know to help you continue to navigate your business with the uncertainty surrounding the COVID pandemic.
• Hillsborough’s Emergency Policy Group met today and agreed upon some guiding principles regarding a stay at home order and curfew, they will meet again tomorrow, March 26 at 1:30 PM and expected to take action on an order at that time. The definition of essential services will be determined at that time.
• It has been reported that Pinellas County has issued a stay at home order, but I do not have a copy and therefore cannot share any details on the consideration of essential business. I’m working on that now.
• Pasco has not taken a position that I am aware of and no news reports have been found to the contrary.
• TBBA is working with local governments on guidelines, signage and credential information and is ready if action is taken to ensure your safety is protected to the best of our ability.
• Here’s a link to the CDC’s guidelines https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html, a good place to start if you do not have a specific company protocol in place.
• We are here as a resource to help you with development, training, and education.
• As an advocate for the industry, we want to provide you the OPPORTUNITY to work, but never advocate for you to work in an environment that you feel is unsafe – please practice good personal judgment.
All level of service updates are available on our website, so please check it often and feel free to contact us if you have questions, concerns or feedback to share.
Executive Vice President
Tampa Bay Builders Association