Notice of Important Changes to Development Services ProceduresWe are excited to inform you about upcoming changes in our processes. The following changes will allow us to enhance service delivery by consolidating additional operations onto a single system.
Building Permits submitted prior to January 19, 2021
We have begun the process of converting active building permits submitted prior to January 19, 2021 to the new online permitting system: HillsGovHub. Most transactions will require you to create an account.
Beginning March 5, 2021, Velocity Hall will no longer be available to service these permits.
This will result in some significant changes for those permit records as follows:
- Permit status for affected submissions will be available through the HillsGovHub portal only beginning March 8th. Instructions on how to search for permit information are available.
- For permits submitted prior to January 19th, 2021 in a denied status requiring corrections, the applicant must submit a new application on the HillsGovHub portal and reference the original permit number in the appropriate field. All required documents must also be resubmitted in the new portal.
- Permit revisions are to submitted using the HillsGovHub portal. Emailed revisions will no longer be accepted.
- Payments for affected permits will now be made using the HillsGovHub portal. Payment instructions are available.
- Inspections must be scheduled for affected permits through the HillsGovHub portal. Inspections can no longer be scheduled via Velocity Hall or the IVRS phone system. Instructions for scheduling inspections are available. For those in the field, the HillsGovHub portal is also accessible through the web browser on your smartphone.
Payments Online for all Other Development Services Applications
- All other Development Services applications, including Site Development, Subdivision Development and Zoning applications, will also be affected as payments will no longer be accepted via Velocity Hall. Beginning March 5, 2021, payments for all these applications will be available online through the HillsGovHub portal. If you do not already have a HillsGovHub account, you will need to create one in order to make payments. Instructions for making online payments for these other Development Services applications will be released closer to the transition date. Faxed Credit Card Authorization Forms will no longer be accepted.
Additional information will also be made available closer to the transition date as more details are finalized. We thank you for your patience and appreciate your interest in Hillsborough County communities.