Title: Business Development Manager (Residential)
Company: TECO Partners
State and City: Florida - Tampa
Shift: 8 Hr. X 5 Days
Power up a career with us. Our People are our greatest investments. TECO Peoples Gas offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunities for growth and development in a friendly and professional work environment.
If you are interested in a career and not just a position, TECO Peoples Gas is the place to be!
TECO Peoples Gas is the largest natural gas distributor in Florida serving more than 400,000 customers across the state. Just as it was 125 years ago when we started as Tampa Gas Company, natural gas is today’s No. 1 choice for reliable energy. Join our team of energy experts as we build on that legacy through innovation and cost-effective sustainable energy solutions all while keeping top-notch customer service at the center of all we do.
TECO Peoples Gas is a subsidiary of Emera Inc., a family of energy companies which also includes Tampa Electric and New Mexico Gas Company. Emera provides energy to residential and commercial customers in the United States, Canada, and the Caribbean, with career opportunities available in all of these locations.
Business Development Manager (Residential)
Daily travel required
The Business Development Manager, under minimum supervision, builds and maintains relationships with new and established residential developers and home builders. Assist the Regional Sales Manager in designing and implementing sales strategies and identifying potential growth areas. Supports regional and company efforts to increase sales of natural gas. Acts as the liaison between the company, contractors, Gas Advantage Dealers and residential developers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for signing new residential developments, establishing, maintaining and developing business relationships with existing and potential residential developers/home builders in the assigned market areas.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the presale negotiations for residential developments. Provides courteous, responsive service to existing residential developments when asked for assistance to assist with customer retention.
- Continuously communicates with management, operations and co-workers to ensure we are delivering our services on time and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
- Consults with residential developers/home builders on current market conditions, areas for natural gas expansion and other potential growth opportunities
- Coordinates all pre and post sales efforts with operations and regional managers.
- Gains trust and credibility as an industry expert by completely understanding the energy industry and by providing solutions for our residential developer/home builders.
- Keeps abreast of the products, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends in the assigned market areas.
- Attend and participate in tradeshows and conventions (i.e. Southeastern Builder Conference.) Performs all other duties as assigned.
Key Internal: Interfaces with all levels of management, account managers, sales and marketing services and other company representatives
Key External: Customers, developers/builders, industry associations, vendors, contractors and Gas advantage Dealers.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
Required: 3-5 years of sales experience in related field
Preferred: 5-7 years of sales experience in related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to solicit new business through cold calling.
- Knowledge of TECO Energy products and services, as well as, the natural gas and energy industry.
TECO offers a competitive Benefits package!!
Competitive Salary *401k Savings plan w/ company matching * Pension plan * Paid time off* Paid Holiday time * Medical, Prescription Drug, & Dental Coverage *Tuition Assistance Program * Employee Assistance Program * Wellness Programs * On-site Fitness Centers * Bonus Plan and more!
STORM DUTY REQUIREMENTS....Please make sure to read below!!! Responding to storms will be considered a condition of employment.
TECO Energy and its companies serve a role in providing critical services to our community during an emergency. Team members are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters to maintain service to our TECO Energy customers. Team members are required to work in their normal job duties or other assigned activities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with the company's rules and procedures.
TECO Energy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TECO Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law, except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement and the individual is unable to perform the essential functions of the position with reasonable accommodations.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities for all individuals, employment decisions at TECO Energy will be based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and abilities.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
It is the policy of TECO Energy to provide reasonable accommodation for all qualified disabled individuals who are employees and applicants for employment, unless it would cause undue hardship. The corporation will adhere to applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines, including, but not limited to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1970s.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation in the application process five business days prior to the time accommodation is needed.
Pre-employment physical exams may be required for positions with bona fide job-related physical requirements regardless of disability.
Nearest Major Market: Tampa
Job Segment: Sustainability, Energy