We are seeking a Director of Purchasing with local knowledge and connections to oversee our expanding purchasing department in the New Tampa area.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Soliciting, developing, negotiating, and executing division trade partnership agreements for all trade & supply categories ensuring that Biscayne has only the best trade partners in order to meet its current and future production needs.
- Own the responsibility for maintaining and improving the division’s unit cost per sq foot for each specified trade categories by developing and maintaining quantity surveys of materials to ensure best our position in negotiating price escalation.
- Understand the material supply chains of each trade category and implement material sourcing strategies to optimize the flow through the chain.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the industry for each category being sourced.
- Facilitate value-engineering processes with trade partners and associates.
- Develop and maintain product specifications and scopes of work for all trade/supply partners.
- Review product trends and propose updates to current specifications to remain ahead of our local market
- Take an active role in the development of specifications for new product types launches.
- Develop, maintain, and use budgeting models for each trade category and related construction services.
- Negotiate and question pricing and legitimacy of VPOs. Identify areas and trends in extra VPOs to prevent and reduce costs.
- Support NSO requests from the design department.·
- Must have significant knowledge of the local residential homebuilding industry.
- Minimum 5 years sourcing and managing Supplier/Trade Partner relationships, preferably with a National/ Regional Homebuilder
- Experience in managing and developing department staff members.
- Must have superior analytical and communication skills.
- Purchasing & estimating software experience required
- Knowledge of excel and other Microsoft Office applications required